Steven C. Jacks, DDS
Board-Certified Oral Surgeon in Piqua & Dayton, OH: Meet Dr. Jacks
Dr. Jacks received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Zoology at Miami University that included studies in cellular and molecular biology, physiology, neuroscience, biochemistry and physics. He earned his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from The Ohio State University College of Dentistry graduating Magna Cum Laude.
Following dental school, Dr. Jacks completed his hospital-based residency training in oral and maxillofacial surgery with the University of North Carolina Hospitals and the School of Medicine at the the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. His intensive surgical training included management of craniofacial deformities, tumor pathology, dentoalveoloar surgery, and dental implants. Dr. Jacks also trained extensively in the medical management of patients and with the Department of Anesthesia at the University of North Carolina Hospitals with intravenous and general anesthesia. He is licensed to administer intravenous (IV) sedation and general anesthesia in our state-of-the-art office settings.
After completing his residency training in oral and maxillofacial surgery, Dr. Jacks has gone on to complete additional training at the Misch Implant Institute, Pikos Implant Institute, The University of Miami, and The Institute for Comprehensive Implant Therapy in Boston, MA.
Dr. Jacks‘ special interests include implant dentistry, surgical techniques to rebuild bone structure with minimally invasive surgery, and outpatient anesthesia. Dr. Jacks strives to use the most advanced proven technology available to provide the best surgical care with optimal comfort for his patients.
Schedule Your Care With An Expert Oral Surgeon
- Diplomat, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Fellow, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Fellow, International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Member, International Team for Implantology
- Member, American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- Member, Great Lakes Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Member, Ohio Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Member, American Dental Association
- Member, Ohio Dental Association
- Member and past member of the Board of Directors of the Dayton Dental Society
- Member, Western Ohio Dental Society
- Ohio State Dental Board General Anesthesia Permit
- Ohio State Dental Board Dental License
- Kentucky State Dental Board Dental License
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Misch Implant Institute
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery